Pilkington Pyroshield is our market leading wired glass for fire-resistance. Manufactured for more than 120 years it has been tried and tested in doors, partitions and windows in a wide range of buildings from schools to offices. A fire integrity only product, it will restrict the spread of flames and hot gases for up to 120 minutes when incorporated into a suitably tested or previously assessed fire rated insulating glazing unit. It is available in both clear and textured versions.
* The wire provides a positive visual sign that fire-resistant glass is present
* Enables fire hazards to be seen.
* Achieving over 60 minutes integrity in monolithic form when in suitable glazing systems.
* Pilkington Pyroshield™ Texture meets need for privacy or obscuration.
Additionally, Pilkington Pyroshield™ Safety has been specifically developed to meet impact safety requirements.
* Conforms to BS 6206: 1981 Class C.
* Has the added benefit of being a fire protection glass offering up to two hours integrity to BS 476: Part 22: 1987.
* Ideal for use in applications subject to safety regulations such as Parts N and B of the Building Regulations (for England and Wales).
* If hit with sufficient force the glass cracks but the glass remains held in place by the wire, reducing the risk of injury.