Pyrodur is tried and trusted protection against flames and hot gases. Using the same technology as Pilkington Pyrostop, Pilkington Pyrodur™ is ideal for use in fire doors and partitioning. It is a clear, laminated fire and impact resistant glass offering up to 60 minutes integrity, together with some heat insulation in suitable glazing systems. Depending on the thickness, it provides impact protection up to Class 1(B)1 of BS EN 12600.
In the event of fire Pilkington Pyrodur™ turns opaque providing both the integrity requirements of a barrier to hot gases and flames. As such, Pilkington Pyrodur™ complies with European and ISO test standards.
* Provides passive protection for escape from buildings or firefighter access.
* Well known and recognised by Fire and Building Control Authorities.
* Suitable for internal and external applications.
* May be used in fire rated timber or steel frames.
* Excellent sound reduction properties.
* Fire performance not dependent on critical framing edge cover requirements.
* Pilkington Pyrodur™ is available through approved Stockists nationwide who have the technical expertise to help you specify the correct product and advise on installation.