With all the features of the original PLI , the PLI Digital has the ability to take a reading from cylinders in poor condition, or suffering from a layer of rust. It also has an in-built thermometer (in both C & F), an easy-to-read digital display, one-button-set-up function for faster cylinder testing and smart plug, which enables the signal strength to be monitored by an audio signal from an internal speaker.
The PLI Digital portable liquid level gauges are designed to offer a simple, accurate, rapid and reliable method of determining the liquid level of high or low pressure CO2, Halon, FM200, Propane and any liquefied gas under pressure, without the need to move or weigh the cylinders. There is no reduction in health and safety, and the risk of gas leaks during servicing is eliminated as cylinders remain active and in situ*.
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
TYPE APPROVED Certificate Number 11-LD2048438-X1
ABS Product Design Assessment Certificate Number 05-LD485608/1-PDA
ABS Manufacturing Assessment Certificate Number LD2048438-X1
The PLI Digital can be used on cylinders, pipe-work and any single skinned holding vessel with up to 25mm thick walls. They will also indicate the level of oil or water in a container or tank.
The PLI units give accurate results by generating an ultrasonic sound wave that travels through the container and into the liquefied gas or fluid. The pulse responds differently to the presence or absence of liquid, indicating the level of the liquid.
The complete PLI Digital liquid level gauge kit includes:
- PLI Digital liquid level gauge
- Protective leather case and hand strap
- Piezoelectric sensor
- 94cm three-section telescopic extension
- 125ml bottle of couplant
- Full operating instructions
- 8 x AA rechargeable batteries (4 spare)
- Foam-lined red polymer carry-case
PLI Digital Technical Specifications
- Accuracy: ±10mmPLI Digital
- Features: Large graphic display ~ Automatic rapid set up ~ Temperature gauge in C & F to enable fast weight calculations ~ Smart plug-in to enable signal strength to be monitored as an audible signal from the internal speaker ~ Power boost facility for cylinders in poor condition ~ Cylinder wall thickness selector for thick (>4mm) or thin (<4mm) walled cylinders.
- Unit Dimensions: 210 x 130 x 55mm
- Unit Weight: 540g (including batteries and leather case)
- Sensor: 1.5m cable and magnetic clamp for hands-free use
- Sensor Dimensions: 95 x 60 x 60mmPLI liquid level gauge extension arm
- Temperature Range: -10ºC to +50ºC*
- 94cm-long extension arm
- Power Supply: 4 x AA batteries
- Battery Life: 20 hours nominal with 4 x AA batteriesPLI liquid level gauge sensor
- Carry Case Dimensions: 450 x 370 x 100mm
- Operational Weight: 650g
- Shipping Weight: 2.5Kg
The PLI Digital unit, launched in June 2013 is a powerful new additional to the PLI liquid level indicator range. With all the features of the original PLI , the PLI Digital has the ability to take a reading from cylinders in poor condition, or suffering from a layer of rust. It also has an in-built thermometer (in both C & F), an easy-to-read digital display, one-button-set-up function for faster cylinder testing and smart plug, which enables the signal strength to be monitored by an audio signal from an internal speaker.