- Dates: 17/05/2021 > 20/05/2021
- Venue: Online
- Event Website: www.equip-global.com/effective-fire-investigation-masterclass-2021
Highly Rated Fire Investigation Masterclass Comes to YOU LIVE ONLINE!
Fire investigation is a specialist branch of forensic science. The analysis of a fire scene not only requires the investigator to determine the origin of the fire but also the cause and how the fire developed. It is one of the more challenging areas of forensic science due to the multi-disciplinary nature of the investigator’s job. Fire investigators need to understand the science behind the behaviour of fire. At the same time, they must also recognise their limitations and, when needed, call on experts to assist.
This specialised program provides you with practical knowledge on the different techniques required for you to investigate various fire incidents of different nature and scale. It explores the ways in which investigators can examine the charred remains of a fire and trace back, through the damage, to the point of origin, uncovering the evidence of what caused the incident and reconstructing events. An understanding of the chemistry of combustion and extinction is essential for any fire investigator. The delegates will study how materials can ignite, burn, and be extinguished and the probable route of a fire spread. The participants will also have the opportunity examine the relationship of the fire investigator with different stakeholders and will build an understanding of how they work together.
The investigator’s role doesn’t end with the successful determination of the cause of a fire as they can be called to court as expert witnesses. Delegates will be expected to document their investigation and produce reports suitable for presentation at various forums.
All these and more will be covered in this practical, case-study driven and comprehensive Effective Fire Investigation Masterclass, conducted LIVE ONLINE this coming 17-20 May 2021!
8 Key Reasons to Attend
- Understand fire chemistry, behaviour and the effects of fire on various materials
- Achieve an overview of fire investigation and reporting
- Learn how to use effective investigation and interviewing techniques to gather complete, objective and accurate information
- Develop understanding of relevant NFPA standards
- Develop understanding of RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
- Get awareness about the human relations aspects of fire investigation
- Determine which data to include in fire investigation reports and how you can manage the conduct of investigation
- Develop understanding of Hazard control measures and follow-up best practices
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE EFFECTIVE FIRE INVESTIGATION MASTERCLASS?
This course is tailor-made for operational, maintenance, HSE, fire management, crisis and emergency management personnel involved in fire investigation from across civil aviation administrations, airport operators & authorities, civil defence organizations, airport rescue and fire fighting services, municipal fire brigades, oil & gas, refining, petrochemical, maritime and manufacturing organizations.