DEFENSEShield – Total fire protection coverage for military vehicles
It is imperative that combatants be protected from fire in their military vehicle, whether it’s a tank, truck or armored personnel carrier. Based on extensive battlefield experience, Lehavot’s comprehensive DEFENSEShield system provides multi-zone fire detection and suppression for military vehicles, covering the crew compartment, engine, fuel tank, tires, battery compartment, and outer envelope.
DEFENSEShield is a comprehensive, cost-effective and reliable military vehicle fire protection system comprised of:
1. Engine Compartment Protection Module:
The unique and rugged DELTA Rate-of-Rise pneumatic-electronic linear fire & heat detector, which responds with high accuracy and sensitivity to temperature rises that exceed a predetermined rate, irrespective of the starting temperature.
Suppression agent & discharge system
2. The outer envelope is fitted with a fire detection and suppression system that offers protection against Molotov cocktails and facilitates crew evacuation.
3. The tires are protected with a high performance product that extinguishes all classes of fires and prevents the fire from reigniting.
4. Battery Compartment Protection Module:
Suppression agent & discharge nozzles
5. Crew Compartment Protection Module:
Equipped with Optical detectors and fire suppression agents that shield the crew in case of fire or high temperature.
The key benefits of DEFENSEShield are:
Fast detection – All of the fire detection products provide real-time detection to minimize damage and injuries. In particular, the DELTA linear detector that is used in all areas except the crew compartment detects out-of-range temperature fluctuations in less than 1 second.
Robust in harsh conditions – Eliminates leakage failures, high tolerance for grime and dirt.
Easy installation – Lehavot’s proprietary DELTA linear detector is durable, flexible stainless steel tubing that is easily routed to monitor large compartments or tight spaces.
Cost-effective – No need for multiple detector units.
Durable – Battle-proven system.
Low cost of ownership – Relatively low cost, low maintenance.
Flexible – The high-performance system supports both automatic and manual operation.
Efficient – Extinguishes all classes of fires.
Quality you can trust
DEFENSEShield is certified to the following civilian and military standards:
• ISO 9001:2008 – Quality assurance certification
• FM APPROVED
• EN 54
• MIL-STD 810 – For environmental conditions
• MIL-STD 461 – For electromagnetic compatibility
• MIL-STD 1275 – For Characteristics of 28V DC electrical systems in military vehicles
For detailed DEFENSEShield specifications, click here.