Changes in High-rise fire design by Prof. Priyan Mendis from Innovative Fire Engineering Group at the department of Infrastructure Engineering from The University of Melbourne.
Priyan Mendis is a Professor in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering and the Leader of the Advanced Protective Technology of Engineering Structures Group. He was also the Convener of the ARC Research Network for a Secure Australia (RNSA) from 2004 -2011.
Prof Mendis obtained his PhD from Monash University, Australia.
He is also the Director of the ARC Centre for Advanced Manufacturing of Prefabricated Housing Research interests
– Protective technology of structures
– Smart Infrastructure, design, assessment and monitoring
– High-strength/High-performance concrete
– Seismic design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures
– Design of tall buildings and bridges
– Disaster mitigation and management
– Sustainable infrastructure
He is also a member of several institutions including: Institution of Engineering, Concrete Institute of Australia and American Concrete Institute.