Leading life-safety systems manufacturer, C-TEC, has launched a new series of free CPD-certified training events entitled ‘Fire Alarm Systems for Domestic Dwellings’.
Ideal for anyone working in the domestic fire sector including consultants, specifiers, housing associations, installers, facilities managers, building developers and landlords, the events will be hosted at six key venues across the UK.
The events will run from 9.45am to 2.30pm and are designed to:-
- Give a brief overview of how domestic and commercial fire alarm systems have developed over the years.
- Discuss the legislation and standards that apply to such systems and the impact they are having today.
- Summarise the key points of and changes to BS 5839-6 2019 : The code of practice for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of domestic fire alarm systems.
- Explore if ‘Stay Put’ is still a safe policy to deploy for evacuating a building during a fire.
- Outline a new approach to fire alarm systems for purpose-built flats and apartments with multiple advantages that can help make strategies such as stay put/defend-in-place safer.
Upon completion, attendees will receive a CPD certificate worth 3 hours of CPD points. Refreshments and a buffet lunch will be provided.
Said Andy Green, C-TEC’s Marketing Manager:
“Our new CPD events are suitable for anyone interested in the latest developments in domestic fire detection and alarm technology and the recent changes to BS 5839-6. Demand is expected to be high so we would advise anyone who is interested to register their interest quickly.”
All of C-TEC’s CPD (Continuing Professional Development) seminars have been assessed by independent experts as being suitable for an intermediate audience meaning both novices and experienced participants are likely to benefit.
To reserve your free place (subject to availability), visit https://www.c-tec.com/news/product-news/free-cpd-events.html